Our club was formed in 1993 by a group of enthusiasts keen to promote safe four wheel driving.
Whilst we abide strictly by the ‘Code of Ethics’, at the same time we enjoy recreational four wheel touring and the challenge of four wheel driving and camping.
We enjoy being part of and learning from the natural environment in friendly and relaxed company.
We have a strong family orientation. Partners and children are welcome and encouraged to participate in driver training and other club activities.
We believe that children especially should be given the opportunity to experience and learn to appreciate Australia’s natural environment and we have a strong commitment to the preservation of that environment.
We believe that trip planning must include self-sufficiency for travel in remote areas that necessitates carrying spares, first aid kit, fuel, water and effective communication.
We encourage participation by all members in the wide variety of events held throughout the year, including day trips and longer breaks to all parts of Australia.
BENEFITS OF CLUB MEMBERSHIP:
- Tips on equipment and touring information.
- Monthly newsletter for club news and information.
- Participation in social, 4WD and conservation activities.
- Opportunity to share four wheel driving knowledge and experience with other enthusiasts.
- Driver training and safety procedures.
- Family participation in club activities.
- Information on interstate access to parks and current state of legislation regarding access in local parks.
- Cover by Public Liability Insurance.
Nominal annual fee (per car); for details contact a committee member via the website.
A monthly newsletter is posted or emailed to each member.
Monogrammed Club T-shirts, fleecy jackets, hats & caps, flags etc. are optional and available for purchase through the club.
THE REGULAR TRIPS AND GET TOGETHERS CAN INCLUDE:
- Day trips to nearby National Parks
- Camping weekends with canoeing and bushwalking
- Trips across Australia
- Sandhill driving and 4WD training